Message from Mayor Jill Boudreau
August 11, 2020
The City of Mount Vernon will continue to support the Skagit County Public Health Department and the Washington State Department of Health by continuing our focus on education and engagement regarding state orders related to the coronavirus crisis.
We trust our community to do what is necessary during this unique time of shared medical vulnerability; and we look forward to the gradual return to social and economic normalcy. Together, we will continue to address the very real public health threat of COVID-19, as we also work to safely reopen our economic, social and civic systems.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500. Sign up for COVID-19 updates and news HERE
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
PROTECTING our first responders, our health care system, and our local businesses is crucial
Information on Face Coverings
Information from Governor’s Office
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***Phone numbers are provided - please call with any questions***
City Hall (360) 336-6211
- City Hall is currently closed to the public
Finance (360) 336-6207
- We are requesting that residents pay utility bills online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963. Late payment charges will be waived until further notice.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Police (360) 336-6271
- Police Chief’s Message
- MVPD Response to Face Covering Directive
- To report non-essential business operations: Washington State Attorney General ONLINE FORM
- To report violations regarding excessive gatherings of individuals: submit online CRIME TIP or call (360) 428-3211
- To report a non-emergency crime or if you need to speak with an officer call (360) 428-3211. To speak with Police Reception call (360) 336-6271.
- CLICK HERE for other specialized contact information.
- The Mount Vernon Police Department is limiting access to essential needs only.
- Fingerprinting and CPL application services have been suspended.
- Volunteer program has been suspended
- Community Room reservations are suspended
Library (360) 336-6209
- The library building is closed to the public until Phase 3, as mandated by the Governor’s Safe Start Plan
- Book drops are open. Please drop off all materials in the book drops, which are now located in the library parking lot.
- The Library will be fine free until Phase 3.
- Curbside service is available. Please do not come to the library to pick up items until you receive a phone call from them. At that time, you will also receive instructions pertaining to curbside service procedures. Masks will be strongly encouraged. Requests for materials can be placed online or by phone at (360) 336-6209.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The planning and development permit counter will be available by phone (above) and the online permit center
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- All playgrounds remain closed, including the Kiwanis Spray Park
- Bakerview Park gate will remain closed, street parking available
- Bakerview Dog Park is open, only dog water fountain available
- Tennis courts are open
- Pickleball courts are open daily 8am-8pm
- Select public restrooms are open, hours are approximate and can change for cleaning:
- Bakerview Park 8am-6pm
- Hillcrest Park (Upper Restroom Only) 8am-7pm
- Lions Park 8am-8pm
- Riverwalk Park 8am-9pm
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 10pm daily
- Rental facilities are closed through September 30, date is subject to change
- All special events and department programs are cancelled through September 30, date is subject to change
- Administrative office remains closed to the public. Please conduct business by phone or via the Parks website when possible.
Public Works (360) 336-6204
- Garbage pickup remains on schedule. We ask that residents place all garbage in a city issued garbage can or additional personal can to help prevent direct contact between our crew and any extra garbage. Click HERE to see how you can help keep our solid waste workers safe.
- At this time, there is no impact to scheduled residential recycling collection service.
- Street Department remains fully staffed
- Wastewater Treatment Plant remains fully staffed
- Yard Waste facility remains open
Fire (360) 336-6277
- Community Room reservations are suspended
Municipal Court (360) 336-6205
- Mount Vernon Municipal Court is closed to the public but available by phone (above) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fines can be paid online or by calling (360) 588-6998
Video Messages from Mayor Boudreau
Mayoral Emergency Proclamations & Executive Orders
- Proclamation of Civil Emergency - 03/11/2020
- Executive Order 2020-001: Extending Temporary Homeless Encampment Permits
- Executive Order 2020-002: Closing Certain Public Facilities
- Executive Order 2020-003: Closing Certain Playgrounds, Fields & Library
- Executive Order 2020-004: Extending Previous Orders
- Executive Order 2020-005: Extending Previous Orders
- Executive Order 2020-006: Extending Previous Orders
- Executive Order 2020-007: Provision of Emergency Housing
- Executive Order 2020-008: Extending Previous Orders
Unemployment Claim Fraud
There are three ways to report this fraud:
- Employment Security Department Report Imposter Fraud
- Federal Trade Commission Report Identity Theft
- If you live in Mount Vernon file your report by completing a Citizen Report.
To correct a credit rating, file a report with your local police or sheriff, obtain your case number, then go to the Federal Trade Commission and Report Identity Theft
City Restaurant Map
- City mapping expert Jacob Milner has created a tool that allows residents to determine which local restaurants are open for take-out and delivery. Click HERE to view the online interactive map - designed for customer convenience, and also as a catalyst to boost local commerce. Please continue to take public health precautions (distancing, hand-washing, masks) when picking up orders!