Governor Inslee has announced the reopening of Washington State. More details can be found HERE.
All Washingtonians 12 years and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Click HERE for all up to date vaccine information for Skagit County.
For help getting vaccinated:
- Use the online Vaccine Locator to find an appointment.
- Call Skagit County's Vaccine Hotline at 360-416-1500
- Call the WA Department of Health Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-VAX-HELP (833-829-4357), then press #. Language assistance is available.
- Text your zip code to 438-829 (GET VAX) or 822-862 (VACUNA) for vaccine locations near you.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500. Sign up for COVID-19 updates and news HERE
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Language assistance is available.
PROTECTING our first responders, our health care system, and our local businesses is crucial
In Our City - Summer 2021
Please click HERE to read a special edition of "In Our City", updating you on City services during the pandemic.
Information from Governor’s Office
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***Phone numbers are provided - please call with any questions***
City Hall (360) 336-6211
- City Hall reopened to the public on July 6, 2021
- Hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Masks are required for non-vaccinated visitors
Finance (360) 336-6207
- Utility bills may be paid in person, during normal City Hall business hours, or you may pay your utility bill online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Police (360) 336-6271
- The Mount Vernon Police Department is operating under normal business hours; 8am - 5pm, M-F
- To report a non-emergency crime or if you need to speak with an officer call (360) 428-3211. To speak with Police Reception call (360) 336-6271.
Library (360) 336-6209
- The Mount Vernon Library opened to the public with limited hours on July 6, 2021.
- Open Tuesday through Thursday, 1pm to 5pm
- The Library continues to offer curbside service
- Curbside: Tues-Fri, 11am to 6pm; Sat 11am to 3pm
- Book drops are open. Please drop off all materials in the book drops, which are now located in the library parking lot.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The Planning & Development permit counter is open from 8am to 5pm; and available by phone (above), or the online permit center
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- Main office (Hillcrest Park) is open from 8am to 5pm, M-F. Also available by phone (above) or email email@example.com
- Kiwanis Spray Park is open daily 11am-8pm. Please remember to "Splash Safe":
- Use Walking Feet
- Stay Home if You're Sick
- Stay Safe, Leave Space Between Others
- Wash & Sanitize Hands Often
- Tennis courts are open
- Pickleball courts are open daily 8am-9pm
- Ballfields are open for reservations/rentals (Kiwanis, Bakerview & Sherman Anderson)
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 9:30pm daily
- Bakerview Park gate is open daily, 8am-9pm
- Bakerview Dog Park is open, only dog water fountain available
- Public restrooms open on a modified schedule, times are approximate:
- Bakerview Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 9pm
- Hillcrest Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8:30pm
- Lions Park: Open at 8:30am, Close at 7:30pm
- Riverwalk Park: Open at 8am, Close at 7pm
- Kiwanis Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8pm
- Edgewater Park: Open at 9:30am, Close at 6pm (beginning July 5th)
- Playgrounds are open. Let's all do our part to use them in a way that respects each other and public health guidance. Your cooperation is paramount in allowing these spaces to remain open and accessible:
- Follow group size guidelines
- Wash and sanitize hands before and after use
- Use at your own risk, playgrounds are not sanitized
- Stay home if you are sick
- Indoor rental facilities (Vaux Retreat Center & Hillcrest Lodge) will remain closed through December 31, 2021
- Outdoor picnic shelters (Hillcrest Gazebo, Hillcrest Daylight Kitchen, Hillcrest North View Shelter, Hillcrest South Side Shelter, Lions Park Shelter) are available for rent.
- Special Event Applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Recreation programs are being planned!! Make sure to like and follow our NEW FACEBOOK PAGE for upcoming recreation opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/mvparkswa/
Public Works (360) 336-6204
- Garbage pickup remains on schedule.
- Street Department remains fully staffed
- Wastewater Treatment Plant remains fully staffed
- Yard Waste facility remains open
Fire (360) 336-6277
Municipal Court (360) 336-6205
- Fines can be paid online or by calling (360) 588-6998
City Council Meetings
City Council resumed in-person meetings on March 24, 2021.
A live television (TV10) and online (YouTube) feed of the meeting will continue to be available to the public:
- Comcast/Xfinity Channel 10
Unemployment Claim Fraud
There are three ways to report this fraud:
- Employment Security Department Report Imposter Fraud
- Federal Trade Commission Report Identity Theft
- If you live in Mount Vernon file your report by completing a Citizen Report.
To correct a credit rating, file a report with your local police or sheriff, obtain your case number, then go to the Federal Trade Commission and Report Identity Theft