Governor Inslee has announced the reopening of Washington State. More details can be found HERE.
All Washingtonians 12 years and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Click HERE for all up to date vaccine information for Skagit County.
For help getting vaccinated:
- Use the online Vaccine Locator to find an appointment.
- Call Skagit County's Vaccine Hotline at 360-416-1500
- Call the WA Department of Health Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-VAX-HELP (833-829-4357), then press #. Language assistance is available.
- Text your zip code to 438-829 (GET VAX) or 822-862 (VACUNA) for vaccine locations near you.
- In addition, Skagit County is operating a drive-thru COVID-19 antigen testing and vaccination site at the Skagit County Fairgrounds, Monday through Friday from 5 - 8 p.m. Testing and vaccination are available only to those who live, work or go to school in Skagit County. They are free of cost and no insurance or appointment is required. Click HERE for details.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500. Sign up for COVID-19 updates and news HERE
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Language assistance is available.
PROTECTING our first responders, our health care system, and our local businesses is crucial
In Our City - Summer 2021
Please click HERE to read a special edition of "In Our City", updating you on City services during the pandemic.
Information from Governor’s Office
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***PLEASE NOTE THAT MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN ALL CITY BUILDINGS REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS***
City Hall (360) 336-6211
- City Hall reopened to the public on July 6, 2021
- Hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Masks are required for all regardless of vaccination status
Finance (360) 336-6207
- Utility bills may be paid in person, during normal City Hall business hours, or you may pay your utility bill online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Police (360) 336-6271
- The Mount Vernon Police Department is operating under normal business hours; 8am - 5pm, M-F
- To report a non-emergency crime or if you need to speak with an officer call (360) 428-3211. To speak with Police Reception call (360) 336-6271.
Library (360) 336-6209
- The Mount Vernon Library is open to the public with limited hours.
- Open Tuesday through Friday, 12pm to 6pm
- The Library continues to offer curbside service
- Curbside: Tuesday through Friday, 10am to noon; Saturday 10am to 2pm
- Book drops are open. Please drop off all materials in the book drops, which are now located in the library parking lot.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The Planning & Development permit counter is open from 8am to 5pm; and available by phone (above), or the online permit center
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- Main office (Hillcrest Park) is open from 8am to 5pm, M-F. Also available by phone (above) or email email@example.com
- Kiwanis Spray Park - Last day for the season will be September 17th
Daily Hours: 11am to 8pm
- Use walking feet, no running please
- Stay home if you are sick
- Stay safe & leave space between others
- Wash & sanitize hands often
- Tennis courts are open
- Pickleball courts are open daily 8am-9pm
- Ballfields are open for reservations/rentals (Kiwanis, Bakerview & Sherman Anderson)
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 9:30pm daily
- North Edgewater Park gate will be open for the salmon fishing season from August 14 - October 15
- Bakerview Park gate is open daily, 8am-9pm
- Bakerview Dog Park is open, only dog water fountain available
- Public restrooms open on a modified schedule, times are approximate:
- Bakerview Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 9pm
- Hillcrest Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8:30pm
- Lions Park: Open at 8:30am, Close at 7:30pm
- Riverwalk Park: Open at 8am, Close at 7pm
- Kiwanis Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8pm
- Edgewater Park: Open at 9:30am, Close at 5pm (Restroom will close for the winter beginning November 1st)
- Playgrounds are open. Let's all do our part to use them in a way that respects each other and public health guidance. Your cooperation is paramount in allowing these spaces to remain open and accessible:
- Follow group size guidelines
- Wash and sanitize hands before and after use
- Use at your own risk, playgrounds are not sanitized
- Stay home if you are sick
- Indoor rental facilities (Vaux Retreat Center & Hillcrest Lodge) will remain closed through December 31, 2021
- Outdoor picnic shelters (Hillcrest Gazebo, Hillcrest Daylight Kitchen, Hillcrest North View Shelter, Hillcrest South Side Shelter, Lions Park Shelter) are available for rent.
- Special Event Applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Recreation programs are OPEN!! Make sure to like and follow our NEW FACEBOOK PAGE for upcoming recreation opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/mvparkswa/
Public Works (360) 336-6204
- Garbage pickup remains on schedule
- Street Department remains fully staffed
- Wastewater Treatment Plant remains fully staffed
- Yard Waste facility remains open
Fire (360) 336-6277
Municipal Court (360) 336-6205
- Fines can be paid online or by calling (360) 588-6998
City Council Meetings
City Council resumed in-person meetings on March 24, 2021. Please note that masks are required at City Council meetings regardless of vaccination status.
A live television (TV10) and online (YouTube) feed of the meeting will continue to be available to the public:
- Comcast/Xfinity Channel 10
Unemployment Claim Fraud
There are three ways to report this fraud:
- Employment Security Department Report Imposter Fraud
- Federal Trade Commission Report Identity Theft
- If you live in Mount Vernon file your report by completing a Citizen Report.
To correct a credit rating, file a report with your local police or sheriff, obtain your case number, then go to the Federal Trade Commission and Report Identity Theft