Flood Protection and Awareness
The official Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) for the downtown area has been issued by FEMA - click here for more information
City residents continue to receive a 20% discount on their flood insurance premiums - view more information
2020 Multi-Jurisdiction Hazard Mitigation Plan:
Flood Preparation Publications:
- What to do Before, During & After a Flood
- Stay Healthy During and After a Flood
- Are You Ready for a Flood?
- Flood Protection Brochure
- Flood Emergency Information - Keep Yourself Healthy
- Emergency Drinking Water During Flood Events
- Department of Health's Flood Tips
- Flood Awareness
- Is my Property in the Floodplain?
Elevation Certificates and Associated Data:
The following hyperlink will take you to a page on the City's website where you can enter a parcel number or address and view a copy of an elevation certificate if the City has one on file: Elevation Certificates
There are floodplains located within the City that are regulated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA.
This picture was taken in 2003, facing west towards the Division Street bridge.
FEMA & NFIP
Visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website for flood information and Flood Insurance Rate Maps. And, visit the National Flood Insurance Protection (NFIP) website for information on insurance requirements when you are located within a floodplain.