About Applying for a library card only takes a few minutes. You may apply at the checkout desk.
City of Mount Vernon Residents:
• Show picture identification with current city address (within the incorporated city limits)
• OR Show picture identification and provide proof of address (utility bill, voter registration card, bank statement, lease etc.)
• Youth under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian apply for a card in their name. The youth must be present to receive a card.
Mount Vernon Property or Business Owners:
• Show proof of ownership and photo identification
• OR Show current business license and photo identification
Visitors or Non-Residents:
•You can pay for a Library card.
• Show picture identification with current address
• Pay annual service fee. Cards may be purchased for $80 ($40 for seniors) on an annual basis, $40 ($20 for seniors) on a semi-annual basis, or $20 ($10 for seniors) on a quarterly basis.
Almost every county in the state provides a county library to serve it citizens. Unfortunately, Skagit County has no such library. The city libraries in the county are mindful of the lack of library service outside their respective jurisdictions, and allow non-residents access to borrower services through the purchase of non-resident cards in accordance with RCW 27.12.270. For the fee anyone can have access to our more than 85,000 items. To help put this in perspective, compare our annual fee with two or three hardbound books per year, pizza and a movie for two nights for a family of four, or less than a year's subscription to the Skagit Valley Herald. A library card is the best bargain around at less than 22 cents a day.
If you have a library card in good standing from the following libraries: Anacortes, Burlington, LaConner, Sedro-Woolley, or Upper Skagit library.
• Present your library card with current sticker and picture identification with current address
What can I do with a Library Card?
• Check out books, movies, music CDs + much more
• Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
• Place holds on items in person or online
• Use online resources
What can I do without a Library Card?
• Read books, magazines and use special collections when visiting the library
• Participate in our paperback exchange program
• Use library computers (ID required)
• Use our Ask a Librarian service
• Attend Events & Classes
315 Snoqualmie St, Mt Vernon, WA 98273 • (360) 336-6209 • email@example.com
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 10AM–8PM • Friday & Saturday 10AM–5PM • Sunday: Closed