Success for Businesses
The city of Mount Vernon believes new investment and job creation are key to our economic success. To attract new businesses and ensure the continued success of our existing businesses, the city is committed to providing personal assistance when navigating through the process of starting, relocating, or expanding a business. The city's Community and Economic Development Department is organized to provide information on all aspects of development and business location or re-location.
A few ways we can help:
- Free pre-application meetings to assist you in determining critical code and/or permitting requirements;
- Location and relocation assistance;
- Essential information to assist you with understanding the market place in Mount Vernon;
- Critical infrastructure and utility information can be quickly provided;
- Facilitation of project permitting; and,
- Streamlined and extremely timely permit processes.
Our Mount Vernon community and economic development team can be an extremely valuable resource for you; our goal is to ensure that your experience is positive and that our processes and information are user friendly.
"In our 48 years of operating and running farm and ranch stores in the Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon is hands down the most helpful and cooperative city effort we've ever experienced."
-Buz Wheeler, Owner & President of Coastal Farm & Ranch
"In 16 years of building Starbucks around the world, working in Mount Vernon was our best experience ever. I'm so impressed with the City's ability to quickly make decisions and willingness to help. They make the extraordinary happen."
- Matt Lessard, Wilcox Construction
Read more about Our Commitment.