The Library offers printing from your laptop or mobile device on our wireless network. You can print Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader files, many image files, and web pages (only works at the library).
- Save the file you want to print on your device
- Connect to our wireless network "public"
- Go to http://mountvernonwa.gov/library/print (Only Works at Library)
- Follow the instructions on the site to upload and print your file.
- At the Mount Vernon City Library we have free computers for the public to use. With any valid ID you can have a one-hour session at a computer station.
- Our Library has free Wi-Fi accessibility during business hours. Network name = "public"
- Printing from Computer Stations
- Three black & white pages are free each day. 10¢ a page thereafter.
- Color printing is 50¢ a page for all prints
- Youth Services Area
- A kid’s computer with educational games, tablets, and chromebooks are available in the youth services area for kids and teens to use.
Getting Items From Outside The Library
If we do not own the item you want, you likely can borrow it from another library. Please consider the Request a Title option for titles published in the last year.Place a Request
To request an item, please fill out and submit our online form. We will charge for the return postage.
Use this form to Request an Item
In purchasing materials for the library, our professional staff carefully reads book reviews to ensure that each title meets the guidelines of our collection policy.
Librarians read a lot. And when we find a book we love, we want to share it with other readers. Our staff picks and recommendations will help you identify some of the best books in our collection for kids, teens and adults.
Here are our book picks or give us a call for a custom list.