On September 18, 2019 staff presented the completed work on housing code aimed to spur multifamily development and bonafide affordable housing in the City. This work has been underway since late 2017. Public hearings to result in the adoption of affordable housing development regulations are scheduled before the Planning Commission on November 5th and 19th at 6 PM and before the City Council on December 11th at 7 PM. Both hearings will be held at the City’s Police/Court Campus located at 1805 Continental Place.
- Video of the committee presentation HERE
- City Council adopted work plan infographic HERE
- PowerPoint from the 9/18/19 Council Committee presentation HERE
- 9/18/19 council Committee information packet HERE
- Map: Multi-Family Development Potential HERE
As soon as City Council gives the green light, staff will launch the formal adoption process which includes a SEPA process through the State, Planning Commission hearings, and final City Council adoption prior to the end of the year.