Starlight Cinema - Movies In The Park
2018 Summer Movie Line Up
*Please note, ALL 2018 movies will be shown at Kiwanis Park ~ 500 South 18th Street
August 3 - Star Wars - The Last Jedi, PG-13
Luke Skywalker's peaceful and solitary existence gets upended when he encounters Rey, a young woman who shows strong signs of the Force. Her desire to learn the ways of the Jedi forces Luke to make a decision that changes their lives forever. Meanwhile, Kylo Ren and General Hux lead the First Order in an all-out assault against Leia and the Resistance for supremacy of the galaxy.
August 10 - Descendants 2, G
When the pressure to be royally perfect becomes too much for Mal, she returns to her rotten roots on the Isle of the Lost where her archenemy Uma, the daughter of Ursula from The Little Mermaid, has taken her spot as self-proclaimed queen of the run-down town. Uma, still resentful over not being selected by Ben to go to Auradon Prep with the other Villain Kids, stirs her pirate gang including Captain Hook's son Harry and Gaston's son Gil, to break the barrier between the Isle of the Lost and Auradon, and unleash all the villains imprisoned on the Isle once and for all.
August 17 - Coco, PG
Despite his family's baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector, and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.
August 24 - Cars 3, G
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightening McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing's biggest stage!
- All movies will be shown on Friday nights at local parks in Mount Vernon
- Movie start time varies and is dependent on the amount of natural light each night
- Admission is free for everyone at every movie
- Bring your chairs and/or blankets and dress for the chilly outdoors after sundown
- In consideration of all patrons, please leave all pets at home
- Remember to bring your flashlight for returning to your vehicle
- Limited concessions will be available
- Please note: Movie showings are weather dependent and may be cancelled with short notice. Please contact MVPR at (360) 336-6215 if you have questions.
For questions, please call Mount Vernon Parks and Recreation at (360) 336-6215 or email us.