Arts Commission Board Member Vacancies
MVAC - OPEN BOARD MEMBER POSITIONS
MOUNT VERNON ARTS COMMISSION MEMBER OPENINGS (3 POSITIONS): Now accepting Applications and Letters of Interest from candidates interested in serving on this eleven member commission. We are looking for commission members for three positions. Two of these board member position terms will expire December 31, 2021, and the other is a student position that may serve a term of one or more years as determined by City Council at appointment. Commission members are volunteers who:
- Have either a Mount Vernon residential or business address, or owns and operates a business within the City limits of Mount Vernon; or has a history of volunteer work with the City of Mount Vernon; or works for an organization that serves the City of Mount Vernon; or has children or is the legal guardian of children that attend school in the City of Mount Vernon.
- Recognize the importance of public art in the City of Mount Vernon.
- Have a desire to devote time and effort to the responsibilities of being a commission member, including event planning and fundraising.
- Are ready, willing and able to advocate in public forums about the value of public art and its crucial place in the community.
- Are conversant with public art and are experienced with the local community.
- Are able to attend regular monthly meetings, currently scheduled for the third Tuesday of the month at 4:30pm.
Arts Commission Applications can be accessed at the link below, e-mailed or picked up at the Parks office at 1717 S. 13th Street or from the Mayor’s office at City Hall, 910 Cleveland Avenue. The Application and Letter of Interest should be addressed to Mayor Jill Boudreau, 910 Cleveland Avenue, Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
For more information call the Mount Vernon Parks & Recreation Department at (360) 336-6215.