Now accepting letters of interest and resumes from candidates interested in serving on this board.
We are looking for two board members:
a) One board member to fill an opening created by an expiring term. This position would begin January 2016 and end on December 31, 2020.
b) One board member to serve the remainder (one year) of an unexpired term of a trustee who is moving out of Mount Vernon. This position would begin January 2016 and end on December 31, 2016.
Trustees on the Library Board are volunteers who:
• Recognize the importance of the Library as a center of information, culture, recreation, and lifelong learning in the community.
• Live within the city limits of Mount Vernon.
• Have a desire to devote time and effort to the responsibilities of being a board member (for a five year term).
• Have a rapport with the community.
• Are ready, willing and able to advocate in public forums about the value of the library and its crucial place in the community.
• Are ready, willing and able to work with the library director on two library ordinance (City ordinance 2.56) assigned tasks: library policy revision and the library’s annual budget preparation.
• Are able to attend regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month, 5:30 pm, at the Library and any called meetings as necessary.
For more information call the Mount Vernon City Library (360) 336-6209.
Letters of interest and qualifications should be addressed to Mayor Jill Boudreau, P.O. Box 809, Mount Vernon, WA 98273 and received not later than November 23, 2015.