Parks & Enrichment Services
Mount Vernon Playgrounds are OPEN!
Let us all do our part to use them in a way that respects each other and public health guidance. Your cooperation is paramount in allowing these spaces to remain open and accessible.
Play It Safe
Follow group size guidelines
Wash and sanitize hands before and after use
Use at your own risk, playgrounds are not sanitized
Wear a face covering in public
- Stay home if you are sick
- Park rental facilities are closed through May 31, 2021, date is subject to change.
- Bakerview Park gate is open daily, 8am-9pm.
- Bakerview Dog Park is open, only dog water fountain is available.
- Tennis courts are open.
- Pickleball courts are open daily 8am-9pm.
- Ballfields are open for reservations/rentals (Kiwanis, Bakerview, Sherman Anderson & PUD).
- Public restrooms open on a modified schedule, times are approximate:
- Bakerview Park - Open at 7:30am, Close at 9pm
- Hillcrest Park - Open at 7:30am, Close at 8:30pm
- Lions Park - Open at 8:30am, Close at 7:30pm
- Riverwalk Park - Open at 8am, Close at 7pm
- Kiwanis Park - Open at 7:30am, Close at 8pm
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 9:30pm daily.
- Special Event Applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis. All applications MUST include a COVID Safety Plan that clearly addresses all Healthy Washington Requirements related to the proposed event, copies of all guidelines from the Governor's Reopening Guidance page ( https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources/covid-19-reopening-guidance-businesses-and-workers ) that relate to the proposed event and are referenced in the COVID Safety Plan, and an event layout map showing the location of all pertinent information; restrooms, entrance/exit points, sanitation stations, booths/stations, etc.
- Recreation programs are being planned!! Make sure to like and follow our NEW FACEBOOK PAGE for upcoming recreation opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/mvparkswa/
- The Parks and Enrichment Services administrative office is closed to the public. Please conduct business by phone at (360) 336-6215, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Parks website when possible.
For more information regarding COVID 19 & City Services visit: City of Mount Vernon COVID-19 Information & Updates.
"Our commitment is to continually strive to create and maintain quality services, facilities, and leisure experiences which are readily accessible to the public."
Whether you are looking for youth programs, adult enrichment classes, or family entertainment, Mount Vernon Parks and Recreation has something to offer all of our community members and out of town guests; and, with over 850 acres of park land and more than 14 miles of City trails, there are also unlimited possibilities for outdoor adventures right here in our very own neighborhood.