The Mount Vernon Planning Commission (governed by Mount Vernon Municipal Code (MVMC) Chapter 2.60) is an advisory body consisting of seven members appointed by the mayor to hold public hearings and provide recommendations to the City Council on a defined set of legislative issues. City Council directs the legislative priorities that City staff brings to the Commission for their review and input.
MVMC Chapter 2.60 states the Commission holds hearings and makes recommendations to the City Council on the following:
- Comprehensive Plan amendments (this includes sub-area plans and related studies);
- Amendments to the Shoreline Management Master Plan;
- Amendments to the MVMC Chapter 3.40 and Titles 15, 16, and 17;
- The designation of historic structures; and,
- Other Growth Management Act (GMA) plans and programs that are referred to the Commission by the Council on a case-by-case basis.
Planning Commission members have four year terms.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings and minutes are also available following approval.
- 6:00 pm
- First and third Tuesday of each month
- Police and Court Campus
1805 Continental Pl.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Current Members, Term Expirations & Application Form
|Member Name:||Expiration:||Member Name:||Expiration:|
|Marco Morales||December 2021||Adair Orr||December 2022|
|Christian Carlson||December 2020||Bekki Cox||December 2021|
|Christopher Bollinger||December 2023||Mary Mae Hardt||December 2022|